Thursday, February 11, 2010

Metal Basket

I LOVE old photos... I can spend hours looking through them, they have such a mysterious history to them... even when you know who it is and what there doing in the picture... just to see how life was, and try and imagine what was going on in their life at the time... a piece of what was, captured... anyways, I'm rambling... I happened to run across a box full of them when we moved into my husbands grandma's home... I was thrilled to say the least, since then I have framed some of them, blown some of them up... etc. I have been wanting to find a way to display more of them... I was having a hard time finding a place to put them and coming up with an idea so I decided just to go to D.I. and look for inspiration... and I LOVE, LOVE this picture, I need to get it blown up!!!

I found this basket for $3.00 and figured it would work... I cleaned it, and took off that front metal handle....

I had some small wood clothes pins, so I painted them black...
.... then used them to clip the pictures onto the basket!! I LOVE it!!
I am thrilled that I found a basket, cause it looks adorable, and can hold all the random things that get put on the counter... two fer one!!!
I also am now thinking I should laminate them to keep them safe... put that on my list of things to do...

more picts
... This is the other way I have some of my old pictures on display...this is more of the couples wedding pictures shelf!! My parents, and grandparents and Brad's grandparents and great grandparents!


Now for more ideas on how to display more of the pictures!!! I need to blow that one up and perhaps do some sort of collage??? We shall see...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

k r u kidding me??? AMAZING!!! people need to pay u for this inspiration...SERIOUS!!!...love sara