Monday, January 10, 2011

Birthday Garland

The first several months of the year are busy BIRTHDAY MONTHS around here, so I needed to make a good BIRTHDAY sign... that I can use for each birthday... I first wanted to make a garland to go with it... I have these paper shapes that come in whole sheets, so I punched out the shapes and just sewed them together, it was super easy and really, really, fun to make... you can use whatever shapes you have, di-cuts or cut out your own shapes from whatever punches you have... just feed them threw the sewing machine one by one, it really is quite fun!!!



I LOVE how it turned out...














NEXT: I printed off the letters to Happy Birthday... got a cup that was the right size to trace a perfect circle around the letter, then cut out the letter...
I also cut out another circle for the letter circle to go on, and of course the white triangle shape for both circles to go on...



glued the circle doily letters on the triangles creating the little flags to hang from a string with a clothes pin, added my garland above it and called it good!! Its pretty much really cute and I can use it for every birthday now... a fun way to customize each birthday and add to the birthday sign would be different types of garland for each birthday...  I LOVE how it looks it's super fun!!! And will get lots of good use!!!


Photobucket