Friday, September 17, 2010

{Kids} Travel Folder

So I put together a folder for each child for our upcoming trip to Disneyland!!!
Each kid gets a color and a few of the same, generic pages and then activities specific for them...
I put in a cover page where they can write their name and then added pages with questions of where they were going, how they would get there... and {below} circle things you'll see along the way...
for the older kids I put together a "break the code" page... each letter has a symbol... they have to figure out what each letter is and figure out what the code says each being a Disneyland Ride.
then I went through magazines, and other activity books we had and ripped out the pages, and added it to their folder...
my 8 year old can do the folder and then read the rest of the time...I also found some stuff online that are {hidden things to look for in Disneyland} for a girl or boy 8 years old and up I think will find that really interesting they can read through them and decide what they want to be looking for at the park... my 5 year old likes seek 'n find stuff and mazes so I added some of those to his book...

I added some blank paper and some new crayons, {in the pockets in the back}
for my 3 year old I bought some black construction paper and some small chalk, this is an activity he has never done before so it should keep him busy! Good tip there, pick something new for them to do so they don't get bored with it...
The folders I think were $0.75, crayons & chalk about a dollar each and the construction paper was like 2 bucks... so all together this project was 5 bucks... would have been cheaper but I wanted new crayons and I didn't have construction paper... if you use what you have already it could be free!!

Another TIP: When traveling don't whip out the activities you have for the kids right away... especially if your flying... the whole idea of traveling and getting on a plane is new and exciting for them... {granted your not a frequent flyer}...your good for a solid half hour to do nothing but soak it all in...check out the seats and the trays, look at the window, wait to take off... once they start to get "bored" with their surrounding you can pull out activities... and with a quick trip to Cali {for us is only about an hour or something like that} you really don't need to plan all that much for the to do... but if your trip is longer just add more stuff to your folder... and of course there's always the option to take dvd players and movies or i-pods whatever you have to show movies and stuff...
Photobucket

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I love this! What a great idea! SUPERMOM! That is you btw :))

Kelly said...

I will have to remember this for when Breckyn gets a little older. Maybe next year when we go to DiSnEyLaNd! I love your countdown too! So cute! I can't wait to hear about your trip! We always go for Christmas but I would LOVE to go for halloween some time. It looks like such a fun time to go.