Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Baby Shower Decor

We had a shower for my sister who is due with her first baby boy in about a month! I was in charge of decorations ... here is what I came up with... I got some old books from D.I. and cut the pages up to make a garland...

I put a small fold in the middle of the page and used that as my guide to cut the triangles out....

go from one corner to the middle fold... then the other corner to the middle fold...

you'll end up with a whole bunch of triangles...


small tip here: {that I realized after I cut most of them}... the point is the bottom so when you cut it make sure to pay attention to which direction your cutting, you have to turn it upside down ...

the point here was the top of the page which is the right side up, but your going to be turning them upside down... so it's opposite of what you think... ya know...

here's what it looked like all strung up! {so cute}

I also bought some cute onsies from good ol' walmart and some cute socks from Old Navy and strung them up [like on a clothesline]

{did the same with socks} in a different spot!!

It looked super~duper cute!!!



p.s. I just added this idea to craft-o-maniac mondays check it out!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Alicia@Protodoom said...

What a cute idea! The decorations for the party look great.

Unknown said...

What a fun idea! I love your blog, lots of great ideas. I too love to paint things black, it is such a timeless color. Please share your creativity with my followers, link up to my blog bash K.I.S.S. Happy to be a new follower. :)

http://thetatteredtag.blogspot.com