Saturday, April 30, 2011

Birthday Decor

So my life for the last few weeks has consisted of scrapbooking every spare minute... it is pretty much done now so I can focus on other things now... one of those other things was a birthday party for my baby girl...(which is why I was doing the scrapbooking and I'll try and post some pics of the book, cause it turned out pretty cute!!) I wanted to share a few of the birthday decor ideas I did...
I had an idea to display some of my favorite pictures of her from her first year of life, I edited them in picnic via picasa, printed them and hung them on some string with some paper clips!! It looked really cute!!


::ballons:: 
We bundled some balloons together and hung them up along with a couple of paper lanterns that I snagged at the dollar store and spray painted silver...

{ before & after }
I loved the silver color and the way it added to the look and feel of the room, 
not bad for a BUCK!
::cake:: 
We made a cute little pink cake just for the birthday girl and topped it with a crepe paper monogramed doilie... For her bigger cake I did a tripe layer pink & white!
::Game:: 
I had everyone mark, what they thought was the birthday girls birth height and current height...



::total cost::
I think I spent about $5 dollars on stuff for decor, balloons are cheap, to print off pictures is cheap and there's always good stuff at the dollar store. I had the spray paint and the paper, string & paper clips... as always use what you have, reuse what you have and be creative!!! 
Now that the scrapbooking is done maybe I can find time to paint my front room wall!



linking it to::Craft O Maniac
                         The DIY Home Sweet Home Project

2 comments:

Kristin said...

SO cute Jen! I love the idea of hanging her first year pictures...just adorable!

Meggie Stevens said...

Happy Birthday to Reesie!!! Cute ideas!