Friday, April 15, 2011

Easter Eye Candy

I found some great ideas for Easter in my blog hopping & Easter Googe~ling... These first two pics I found from Marth Stewart
 
I love the bunny garland & the bunny cupcake decor!! So Do~able and super cute!

I've been saving egg shells for a while now, I found this cute pic and another one like it that had cute little flowers planted in them... pretty much anything would look adorable in an egg shell!

This fabulous idea was found at Modern Parents Messy Kids
 seriously? Why didn't I think of this?!


and I'm sooo making these cute carrot cookies, so cute and totally tasty!

our dish
so now that we have some great ideas, we're ready for Easter!!

I went and bought some

brown paper for our Easter dying Egg Night...
and some green grass at good ol' all a dollar...

I usually cover the table in newspaper,

but hello why not spend two bucks and get a couple rolls of the brown {wrapping} paper .. looks so cute and is way easier than pieces together old newspaper...
I thought it would be a good idea to cover the table in the brow paper and throw some Easter grass down the middle, when the kids are done dying eggs they can set them in the grass to dry! And when your all done it's like a little Easter Egg Hunt trying to find them all!
We also did some experimenting with egg dying a while ago...
I like the paper towel & toilet paper rolls cut into pieces to set the eggs on to dry too!
we tried several different things with the kids:: blowing the paint on with straws...
we put eggs in a pringles can with a plastic bag and let the kids shake it up... 
{add several other plastic bags to the bottom of the can for padding}
add a few drops of color and shake~a~ roo...
and in a ziplock baggie...
the kids liked the different ways to dye the eggs...

and of course one of my most favorite tricks :: the egg in the wisk :: so the kids can't drop it and break it... brilliant!!
anyhoo! Just some ideas to get ready for the holiday!! 


Photobucket

1 comment:

saraanddevin said...

I WANT a cookie when u make them ;)