Tuesday, May 31, 2011

project {done enough}

Ok so this project {paint the front room wall} has been really dragging on... it is now what I'm calling done enough.... I LOVE how it turned out, but there are a few things I will change when the budget changes... so for NOW!! It is done... I painted the red wall gray! and wow! what a difference... why didn't I do this sooner!!!!

the trick to a good paint job is a good tape job!!! Take your time and really do a good job taping, it makes all the difference in the end... I used the frog tape this time, and it worked really well!! When taping you have to be patient and get the lines just right, and press down on the tape really well so there are no air bubbles where paint can leak under...
I use old wrapping paper to cover the ceiling and any space where the roller will touch the wall...
 I primed it once and painted it twice, then I was ready for my "hand man" (brother in law) to build me a shelf for my mantle! It turned out soooo fantastic and beside the paint it made the biggest difference in the look of the room...
I decided to go white on the mantle shelf, for a brighter, nice, clean, look... we put it on with good ol' liquid nails!!


Weeks later, I finally got it all put back together, I had my desk painted yellow!!! And it is fabulous!!! I love the bright pop of color it adds to the room!!!
my mantle I just re~arranged and added a couple new things...

my family picture is one part I'm not loving, I just had this frame lying around so I used it, but it is not what I would pick, but for NOW it works fine,.. and the picture is so dang cute, it almost doesn't matter what the frame looks like!!!


so BEFORE...
and AFTER!!

I do LOVE, LOVE, it, but we'll see when I can get around to making it just right!!!
Photobucket

No comments: