Friday, September 24, 2010

{Re}Cycle Box

So for a while now I've been meaning to get some type of {re}cycle box in the kitchen, so I have a place to put everything until it gets taken out.. I had just finished off a big box of diapers and thought I'd {re} use it to put the {re}cycle items  in.... then I also remembered a craft idea I saw on Studio 5 (local news/craft show) where they mod-podged stuff with tin~foil.... why not give it a try...  I wrinkled up the tin-foil a little, then then just mod-podged it on, smoothed it out...

... then I got some craft paint to rub on {followed by a wet paper to towel} to wipe a lot of the paint off...
 I added some black electrical tape to the top inside of the box, and around the 'handles' on the sides... to cover the edge of where the tin-foil stopped... to basically seal it off, give it more of a finished look and keep it from peeling off.... I also spray painted the inside of the box, black...
as you can see from the first picture, I labeled it and then I put on a top coat of mod-podge to kind of 'seal' it... turned out not too bad for a totally free project, made quickly and completely out of a whim.... 
Photobucket

No comments: