Tuesday, February 1, 2011

my baby valentine

So Valentines Day is coming up... I went shopping and wanted to get a cute Valentines Shirt for my baby girl.. but I was NOT about to spend more than 5bucks on one... they had some pretty cute V-Day stuff but it all ranged from $7-$17 bucks... I pretty much will NEVER pay full price for any kids item sooo I of course headed to the clearance rack, and found a cute RED turtleneck for $2.99 + I got 10 % off with a coupon so I paid like 2 $ something... PERFECT... BUT It also wasn't Valentines... it was just RED... so I made it Valentines!!!

I had some white fabric so I cut it into strips, ....
sewed a line down the middle to gather each piece...
so it looked like this....
I layed it on the shirt in the shape of a heart... pinned it and sewed it on...

frizzed it out a little ... and viola!!! DONE
an adorable valentines shirt for $2bucks!! (on an adorable baby girl!!!)


Photobucket

2 comments:

Meggie Stevens said...

super cute idea!

Elle and Clint Stallings said...

cute, cute, cute. your a ball of endless talent